At Allambi Care we'll not only give you specialised training to take on the role of a Youth Worker, we can help you progress your career from a casual, to a full time role.
Many people have been able progress from Youth Worker to other full time roles in a specialised areas, or to another role entirely within Allambi Care.
As a Youth Worker you are responsible for developing, assisting and supporting clients in various locations such as houses, schools, hospitals, community centres and emergency accommodation on a daily basis.
You will be working with a variety of different clients, of all age groups who will have complex medical and behavioural needs.
Youth Workers work within Allambi Care's strength-based, non-punitive, therapeutic model of care to provide safety to our clients while identifying and meeting growth needs. They provide 24 hour round-the-clock care, meaning the ability to work overnights, weekends and holiday periods is a must for this position.
- High level of assessment skills together with information gathering, problem solving, and evaluation skills
- Ability to manage challenging situations while applying policy, procedure and legislation to deliver services to children and people with high and complex needs
- Current First Aid Certificate
- A current Working with Children’s Check Clearance (Must be a paid check - not volunteer)
- A current driver’s licence
- National Police Check (issued within the last 6 months) If you dont have a national police check issued in the last 6 months you can apply for one online via the link in the online job application form
- Comprehensively insured motor vehicle that can transport a minimum of 4 people
- Mobile phone with an active voicemail
- Functioning email address
- Provide support to clients in developing and implementing plans for achieving personal goals and meeting needs
- Coordinate and participate set/planned activities including; sports,
artsand camps in consultation with management
- Report writing and record keeping, including; day notes, incident reports and planner entries
- Coordinate set/planned programs such as; education, self-development, accommodation and welfare in consultation with management
- Ensure any concerns for clients and colleagues safety is communicated to management in a timely manner
- Manage conflict situations using therapeutic and non-punitive strategies
- Liaise with government departments, local authorities, health professionals, parents and other
- Communicate with management, providing feedback on client development
- Provide input and attend team meetings regarding case plans, case
conferencesand intervention programs
- Ensure all procedures are being followed effectively and appropriately
- Demonstrated interpersonal, negotiation, advocacy and oral/written communication skills
- Proficiency in using computer based programs for report writing (Microsoft Word and Outlook)
- Qualification in youth work or related disciplines is preferable
- Willingness to undertake further training at all levels
- Experience in working with children and people in out-of-home care is desirable
If you are experiencing any technical difficulties in submitting your application via the online application process, please email your resume and essential documents to firstname.lastname@example.org