Residential Youth Workers VIC
At Allambi Care we offer 24 hour support for young people living in out of home care. The role involves caring for service users and the people we care for in various settings such as houses, schools hospitals, community centres and emergency accommodation. As an employee of Allambi you have the chance to make a difference in the life of a young person in care.
Allambi have positions available for highly motivated Residential Youth Workers to:
- Support young people with high and complex needs
- Deliver educational and therapeutic programs to young people in care
- Be a part of a supportive team working on a shift working roster basis including sleepover and weekend shifts
- Hours available: 20 – 38 hours per week
- Work during Christmas, New Year, school and public holidays
- Casual and Permanent opportunities available
- Current Working with children check
- Current Driver's Licence
- Current First Aid Certificate
- National Police Check
- Vehicle that can transport up to 4 people
- Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Flexible availability for both overnight and weekend shifts
- Ability to follow protocol and individualised programs designed for the young person.
- Willingness to participate in pre-employment medical checks
- Two work related references
- A willingness to complete the Allambi Care Diploma program; or, Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential and out of home care) including a mandatory trauma unit of competency; or, a recognised industry relevant qualification plus completion of a short top up skills course
- A willingness to participate in a Disqualified Carers check
- Experience working with people with challenging behaviours
- Following a structured routine developed specifically for the needs to the service user
- Administering medication
- Transporting the people in our care to and from school, day programs and appointments
- Assist in the implementation of programs designed for the development of the young person
- Report Writing
Please note, applications must include a cover letter addressing above essential Criteria and a complete resume including two professional references.
As part of our recruitment process preferred candidates will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical examination. Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, negotiation, advocacy and oral/written communication skills
- Proficiency in using computer based programs for report writing (Microsoft Word and Outlook)
- If you are experiencing any technical difficulties in submitting your application via the online application process, please email your resume and essential documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Allambi Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds.